Electric news from Nissan
Nissan today officially announced the ESFLOW ahead of the 2011 Geneva Motor Show.
Here is the at a glance specs. Looks like Nissan wants to run head long into the Tesla Roadster.
- ESFLOW – a pure EV sports car concept
- Rear-wheel drive two-seater
- Two electric motors, each driving a rear wheel
- Laminated lithium-ion batteries mounted low for best weight distribution
- Dramatic styling with wraparound windscreen for unobstructed visibility
- 0-100km/h in under 5 seconds
- Over 240kms on one charge
I always dug Junkyard Wars / Scrapheap Challenge when it showed here in America and host Robert Llewellyn has a hankering for electric vehicles. He has a youtube show called Fully Charged that has been around for like 8 months and I find pretty entertaining (as much as a guy in a car talking can be). I figured if you are reading this you might find his musings on electric cars interesting.
Jacob Gordon of Treehugger.com is writing a series of articles on driving a Nissan Leaf around for a week. The first two have been posted with the rest I assume coming this week.
Updated Feb 3 with latest article link
John McElroy of Autoline Detroit and Autoline Daily has a neat little article on living with the all electric Nissan Leaf
If you are interested in more Autoline programming here is a nice video comparison of the Nissan Leaf and Chevrolet Volt